Not quite home yet – small delay

In the event it turns out that I’m not going to be going home today unfortunately.  Yesterday my neutrophil count had dropped back to a level at which they wouldn’t be happy to discharge me (0.6).  In fact a drop in the count was expected to some degree, because all last week I was having the bone-marrow boosting GCSF injections, but Friday was the last one.  So now we’re seeing the unaided performance of my bone marrow.  The blood counts should start coming up quite soon, but until they do I can’t be discharged.  So perhaps Thursday to go home?  Starting to get a hint of cabin fever stuck in this room now, but it’s bearable for a few more days yet…

Advertisements

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: